Just bought a HLG 650R and man is it bright. Been needing to update lighting in one of my closets. These lights are awesome but they are not cheap. Here is my unboxing and a short review:
Here are some par readings and measuring wattage at the wall.
So when my stimulus check arrived I already knew where it was going. Just doing my part to stimulate the economy. I knew it would be a long time before I had another chance to do this. Boy I am glad I did it too. I thought my HLG 550 was bright but the HLG 650R brings bright to another level.
But growing quality weed is as much about spectrum as it is about watts. The 650R uses 4 of the new QB648 DIABLO Quantum Boards. These boards are made by Samsung and each board has has 648pcs Full Spectrum LM301H LEDs and 18 pcs Deep Red 660nm Deep Red LM351H LEDs to promote better growth. These lights are suitable for veg and flower.
White LED lights are actually a mix of all colors but this spectrum can be tweaked to grow better cannabis. This spectrum has more blue light than other HLG lights which improves overall quality and slows stretch. And there’s 660 red for better flower development as well.
What Horticulture Lighting Group Says About The HLG 650R
- Our most powerful LED light yet! High efficiency white light Quantum Board QB 648. LED Module made by Samsung.
- 2.8 (μmol/joule) with a max output of 1700 PPF’s. Full Spectrum White and 660nm Red. Reliable passive-cooled design.
- Better canopy light penetration with diffused light. Dimmable power supply included (50 watts to 610 watts).
- Auto sensing Inventronics power supply works on both 120VAC and 240VAC and 277VAC
- We believe in the quality of our products in and include a 3-Year warranty from date of purchase!
You can buy it from Amazon at: https://amzn.to/2WuOHDf